It feels more like fall than the end of July. Still, the school year is only a little more than a month away and it’s time to think about scouting in the fall as well.
We are making some changes online, first is the initial site, cubpack69.org, will now point to a WordPress site. It will allow for an open site (no login) for posting information such as this, provide links to other sites and information such as pinewood derby rules and other FAQs.
We are also adding a service, called ScoutBook, to track individual Scout achievements and event planning. This site, which costs us $1/scout/year, is very nicely done, user friendly and easy events, on mobile devices. It provides different calendars for packs and dens. RSVP from those invited and achievement planning for meetings. You’ll have invitations soon to join ScoutBook.com and to link to Pack 69.
Other sites may follow, such as a volunteer site, such as Sign up genius, that we used for last year’s popcorn fundraiser.
Along with an invite to join ScoutBook, there will come invitations to the initial scouting events, which include:
- Aug 16 – POPCORN Show and Sell Starts
- Aug 17 – Bike Ride @ Loantaka
- Aug 19 – Organizing Committee Meeting 8pm @ Parish House
- Sep 06-07 – Township Campout 6pm @ RVA Fields
- Sep 09 – September Pack Meeting 6:45pm @ Parish House
- Oct 10-12 – Fishawack Boy Scout Fall Camporee @ Camp Wheeler (Webelos only)
- Oct 11 – West Point Football vs Rice 8am @ West Point Military Academy
- Oct 18-19 – Fall Cubelos