- Fall Cubelos
- Sandy Hook campground (need to watch when weekend block opens and book early)
- Town Picnic Sleepover. The Saturday after Labor Day.
- Liberty Science Center. Usually offered in the late winter and early spring. Can go as a group or just offer it for individuals. Check the website to find out when. First offering is for scouts only, the second is for scouts & siblings.
- Philly Zoo. We added going the the Liberty Bell/Constitution Center/Independence Hall before heading to the zoo
- Battleship New Jersey.
- We never added a second activity, but the aquarium is close-by.
- Ripley’s sleepover. A little more expensive and on 42nd street.
Overnights Not Tried Yet
- PEEC. Pocono Environmental Education Center. Seems to be too expensive on our own. Possible to do with another group.
Day Trips for Pack
- Intrepid Air & Space Museum. Too expensive for overnight (~$110), but good day trip. Take the ferry for an added bonus boat ride.
- Cubmobile (district run)
- Slot Car Racing at Zeppelin Hobby
Day Trips for a Den
- Lakota Wolf Preserve. Located in Columbia, out route 80. Good to go out there with the Wolf den. Book early though, especially if you want to go in the fall.
- Raptor Trust.
- Firehouse. Fulfills Tiger requirement G2.
- Police station. Fulfills Tiger requirement G2.
- Jockey Hollow farm and huts. Best to check the national park calendar in the spring. Historic encampment is usually in April.
- Pyramid Mountain center. Call ahead to plan education program for various rank and achievement requirements.
- Franklin Mineral Museum (scouting programs)
- Rockets at RVA Fields. 2014 was a co-event with Boonton Pack 201.
- Biking. If in June, coordinate with police for lesson, scouts run biking course. One year ran bike donation drive with Petals for Progress.
- Fossil dig at Poricy Park. They also have scouting programs. http://www.poricypark.org
- Morris County Parks. From ecology to crafts to history and nature, our county parks have many activities that may interest the den or families. Check the morrisparks website, http://www.morrisparks.net/. Also check the Pathways magazine, available under News and Events.
- River Clean-Up. Fulfills Wolf requirement 7D.
Some Day Activities Not Tried Yet
- Essex County Environmental Center, scouting programs available
- Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center, scouting programs available
- Field Station: Dinosaurs (look for scout days)
Sporting Events (some offered through council)
- Rutgers Football
- West Point Athletics (Football, Lacrosse)
- Red Bulls
- NJ Devils
- Skiing, Tubing (Jack Frost, Shawnee Mountain)
Meeting Activities Ideas
At Octobers’ meeting we have a creative contest. So far we have alternated it between:
- Cake Bake, with theme like Scouting, Military or Halloween
- Cupcake Wars, with similar themes
- Global cardboard challenge. http://imagination.is/our-projects/cardboard-challenge/
Our primary fundraiser has been through popcorn sales. There are others, but we have not pursued. Here are some:
- Sell coffee beans and tea. http://www.givingbean.com/